Friday, October 24, 2014
   
Text Size

Search our Site or Google

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Where the rest of the stuff goes

Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel"
#22344
Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 263
Having seen all sorts of known-and-suspected examples here on the Forum of science (and the government-sponsored "mad scientists" at work here) simply RUNNING AMOK -- from sources outside the mainstream media -- it's even more alarming when the propaganda machine itself acknowledges its own Mad Scientists (and their Frankenstein experiments).

What are they up to now???

Oh, no big deal. They just plan on "modifying" (i.e. genetically modifying) the e-Coli bacteria, perhaps the most-common life form on the entire planet -- in order to HOPEFULLY produce what they call a "green" power source.

Naturally no one ever considers what happens if the Mad Scientists make a MISTAKE, and instead of producing a bacterial MUTANT which "produces power" they produce some Super Bug which consumes all life on this planet.

Of course the Corporate Apologists have their rebuttal to this. Why worry about such "trivial" fears when there's the possibility they will come up with a new way to make a buck...???





Solyndra Critics Back U.S. Lab Seeking Biofuel From Germs

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-02-25/solynd...fuel-from-germs.html

People attending a Washington event this week may witness something almost unheard of in political circles: Republicans praising a clean-energy program supported by President Barack Obama.

The Advanced Research Projects Agency -- Energy, originally funded through the 2009 economic stimulus program, is holding its annual summit to showcase its awardees, who collectively have won about $770 million in government money in the past 3 1/2 years. The projects include efforts to develop a “flow battery” to store energy, to improve the efficiency of the electric grid, and to modify an E. coli strain that can produce biofuels...
Jeff Nielson
Admin
Posts: 13366
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/02/25 12:10 By Jeff Nielson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22345
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 168
Just shows the absolute disregard that these people have for life, do they know how the E-Coli will feel with that mutation ? But who cares if there is a buck to be made. If the oligarchs have it their way, they would not mind putting us in caskets and using us as batteries matrix style for cheap fuel.
samix
Mid-Tier Producer
Posts: 1564
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013/02/25 12:45 By samix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22346
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 263
samix wrote:
Just shows the absolute disregard that these people have for life, do they know how the E-Coli will feel with that mutation ? But who cares if there is a bug to be made. If the oligarchs have it their way, they would not mind putting us in caskets and using us as batteries matrix style for cheap fuel.


Put another way, the bacteria themselves (as organic matter) will require their OWN "fuel" in order to produce this power.

An abundant supply of human CORPSES would do nicely. Think about a supply-cycle for a new "power source" which uses human corpses as its "raw resource" and then uses Mutant Bacteria to generate power from that "resource"...and then try to get to sleep tonight.


Jeff Nielson
Admin
Posts: 13366
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22347
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 168
Jeff Nielson wrote:
samix wrote:
Just shows the absolute disregard that these people have for life, do they know how the E-Coli will feel with that mutation ? But who cares if there is a bug to be made. If the oligarchs have it their way, they would not mind putting us in caskets and using us as batteries matrix style for cheap fuel.


Put another way, the bacteria themselves (as organic matter) will require their OWN "fuel" in order to produce this power.

An abundant supply of human CORPSES would do nicely. Think about a supply-cycle for a new "power source" which uses human corpses as its "raw resource" and then uses Mutant Bacteria to generate power from that "resource"...and then try to get to sleep tonight.



LOL Jeff, you have just given some mad scientist an idea, soon we will be hearing propaganda about how just burying your dead is a waste and parasitic for "mother earth" and how we are loosing so many acres of land around the world to graveyards which are alone enough to feed millions of people and and how big an environmental disaster this is and other such crazy statistics.

Then you will have celebrities and environmental activists campaign for signing up for the program that you have just outlined for helping and conserving "planet earth" and our "future".
samix
Mid-Tier Producer
Posts: 1564
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22349
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 263
samix wrote:
Jeff Nielson wrote:
samix wrote:
Just shows the absolute disregard that these people have for life, do they know how the E-Coli will feel with that mutation ? But who cares if there is a bug to be made. If the oligarchs have it their way, they would not mind putting us in caskets and using us as batteries matrix style for cheap fuel.


Put another way, the bacteria themselves (as organic matter) will require their OWN "fuel" in order to produce this power.

An abundant supply of human CORPSES would do nicely. Think about a supply-cycle for a new "power source" which uses human corpses as its "raw resource" and then uses Mutant Bacteria to generate power from that "resource"...and then try to get to sleep tonight.



LOL Jeff, you have just given some mad scientist an idea, soon we will be hearing propaganda about how just burying your dead is a waste and parasitic for "mother earth" and how we are loosing so many acres of land around the world to graveyards which are alone enough to feed millions of people and and how big an environmental disaster this is and other such crazy statistics.

Then you will have celebrities and environmental activists campaign for signing up for the program that you have just outlined for helping and conserving "planet earth" and our "future".




Oh it gets much, much worse than that Samix.

Take the phrase "energy shortage", combine that with the word "euthanasia" -- and then let your imagination run wild.

Not enough "energy" to power the world? Not enough MONEY to pay for the health-care for all the "old people"? Just turn one of those "problems" into the solution for the other problem...

Jeff Nielson
Admin
Posts: 13366
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22357
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 218
Jeff,

Remember the movie called "Soylent and Green".

Plot

In 2022, with 40 million people in New York City alone, housing is dilapidated and overcrowded; homeless people fill the streets and food is scarce; and most of the population survives on rations produced by the Soylent Corporation, whereof the newest product is Soylent Green, a green wafer advertised to contain "high-energy plankton", more nutritious and palatable than its predecessors "Red" and "Yellow", but in short supply.


I'll never forget the line-

"Soylent Green is people!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Soylent Green is a 1973 American science fiction film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and, in his final film, Edward G. Robinson. The film overlays the police procedural and science fiction genres as it depicts the investigation into the murder of a wealthy businessman in a dystopian future suffering from pollution, overpopulation, depleted resources, poverty, dying oceans, and a hot climate due to the greenhouse effect. Much of the population survives on processed food rations, including "soylent green".

The film, which is loosely based upon the 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room!, by Harry Harrison, won the Nebula Award for Best Dramatic Presentation and the Saturn Award for Best Science Fiction Film in 1973.
Earl
Mid-Tier Producer
Posts: 1876
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#22359
Re: Mad-scientists want to "turn germs into fuel" 1 Year, 8 Months ago Karma: 263
Earl wrote:
Jeff,

Remember the movie called "Soylent and Green".

Plot

In 2022, with 40 million people in New York City alone, housing is dilapidated and overcrowded; homeless people fill the streets and food is scarce; and most of the population survives on rations produced by the Soylent Corporation, whereof the newest product is Soylent Green, a green wafer advertised to contain "high-energy plankton", more nutritious and palatable than its predecessors "Red" and "Yellow", but in short supply.


I'll never forget the line-

"Soylent Green is people!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

Soylent Green is a 1973 American science fiction film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and, in his final film, Edward G. Robinson. The film overlays the police procedural and science fiction genres as it depicts the investigation into the murder of a wealthy businessman in a dystopian future suffering from pollution, overpopulation, depleted resources, poverty, dying oceans, and a hot climate due to the greenhouse effect. Much of the population survives on processed food rations, including "soylent green".

The film, which is loosely based upon the 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room!, by Harry Harrison, won the Nebula Award for Best Dramatic Presentation and the Saturn Award for Best Science Fiction Film in 1973.


Yup, Earl, I'm definitely old enough to remember Soylent Green, and back in "those days" us sci-fi buffs had to take whatever we could get...although this one was actually a pretty good movie.

However, if we're going the movie-analogy route I'm still going to have to once again stick with the site-favorite (lol), and go with The Matrix.

Yes, Soylent Green was using people as "food". But The Matrix was all about using people as a power source. So while we would be 'fed' to the Bugs, those Bugs are being used (in turn) as a power-source. I rest my case...

Jeff Nielson
Admin
Posts: 13366
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
Go to topPage: 1

Disclaimer:

BullionBullsCanada.com is not a registered investment advisor - Stock information is for educational purposes ONLY. Bullion Bulls Canada does not make "buy" or "sell" recommendations for any company. Rather, we seek to find and identify Canadian companies who we see as having good growth potential. It is up to individual investors to do their own "due diligence" or to consult with their financial advisor - to determine whether any particular company is a suitable investment for themselves.

Login Form